VentSpace is a free app and online platform where people can share their troubles, frustrations and worries. It’s no secret that venting can feel great. Studies have found that expressing yourself and your emotions can lead to less depression and anxiety, lower blood pressure, a better mood, and more resilience.
However, although venting provides an emotional and mental release, it is often just the first step towards healing and solving the challenges that led to your tough emotions in the first place. With minor issues, blowing off steam can be enough for it to feel resolved. But often there is some kind of underlying issue that, if not addressed, will just re-emerge in the future and lead to negative experiences or mental health symptoms.
That’s why VentSpace is now partnering with a number of online mental health service providers to help our space community find even more support, healing and growth. Here is a little more information about some of the companies and organizations we’re working with:
- Talkspace. Talkspace gives users 24/7 access to licensed mental health providers. It currently offers services for individuals, couples, teens, and those needing psychiatric care.
- BetterHelp. BetterHelp is a network of more than 12,000 licensed therapists and counselors. Sessions take place through video conferencing, live chats, messages and phone calls. Financial assistance is available and services cater to individuals, couples and teens.
- Online-Therapy.com. Online-Therapy.com utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy to help address mental health challenges. In addition to live counseling sessions, treatment may also include worksheets, journaling, yoga, activity plans and more.
- Therapy for Black Girls. Therapy for Black Girls is an online space for Black women to be seen, heard and understood. It is designed to approach mental health topics in a way that feels accessible and relevant. Users can find a therapist and get the mental health resources they need to thrive.
- Therapy for Black Men. Therapy for Black Men is a network of coaches and therapists who provide a judgment-free and multiculturally-competent mental healthcare space for Black men. Users can get matched with a counselor and get the support they need free from stigma.
To learn more about the mental health organizations we partner with and to find discount codes for therapy services, visit the VentSpace app.